We may use these platforms as a screening tool, for follow up appointments, wellness check-ins, exercise progression, and even for initial evaluations and treatments.
We believe this will be an added enhancement to your patient experience at Prague Physical Therapy. You will still receive the same impeccable quality of care but it will be from the comfort and convenience of your own home or office.
All that is needed on your part is to schedule an appointment on www.praguept.com and indicate which platform you would prefer to use. You can email us if you are uncertain how to use any of these platforms.
There are no extra fees to use any of these platforms and the apps are free. You can use it on Mac, PC, and every type of tablet and smartphone.
Here are some links to these platforms:
We are really happy about the possibility to expand our reach as a practitioner. At this time with Covid-19 it is impossible to get treatment at a brick and mortar clinic, yet the need for a high quality of treatment is there. If you need physical therapy treatment, please reach out to the next level of patient experience! We look forward to partnering with you in your healing and recovery.
In health and gratitude,
Prague Physical Therapy
Optimizing Your Telehealth Experience:
Telehealth may be something brand new for you and maybe you’re wondering what to expect as a patient! Here are some suggestions to have the best experience while connecting with your provider.
1.Accessing the Software:
Please choose a platform that you are familiar with. If you have never worked with one, we suggest you download Zoom. Let your provider know your choice while scheduling your appointment at www.praguept.com
You will need a computer, tablet, or mobile device to access the software. Your provider will let you know what best for you to use to connect with the software.
Your device must have a microphone (either internal or external) so that you can communicate with your provider.
Your device must also have a camera (either internal or external) so that you can be seen by your provider during the visit.
Having a strong and solid internet connection is vital to having a positive telehealth experience. Some software performs at a slow connection but most do not. Ideally, your internet speed should be at least 15Mbps download and 5Mbps upload. Here is a link to check your speed!
If your speed is consistently slow, you may want to contact your internet provider and ask about getting faster service.
If your internet is not performing as it should, you may want to try a wired internet connection. Using a cable connected directly to your router or modem can often be much faster.
Using your mobile device can also be a solution however, data plans and costs may limit usage.
Now for other ways to maximize your digital healthcare experience.
- Make yourself comfortable. Choose a location in which you can be most comfortable both physically and emotionally. You may be asked by your provider to move during your visit so make sure you have room to move! You want to be able to share information freely with your provider so other people in the room may not provide enough privacy. The more comfortable you are in your surroundings the better the outcome of the visit will be.
- Wear comfortable clothes that allow for movement that can be seen over video. Having snug-fitting clothes allows your provider to assess how parts of your body move to determine the best intervention.
- Be safe. Please do not try to have a telehealth visit while driving or performing other activities that may cause harm.
- Location. Choose a location that is quiet and private without distractions. This is a healthcare appointment and distractions can make the appointment challenging for everyone. Removing distractions will allow you to focus fully on your learning and your healing.
- Choose a Consistent Location. Using the same space for every visit allows your provider to know what equipment and furniture are available for treatment.