Prague Physical Therapy – patient safety during Covid-19 pandemic
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we want to reassure you that patient safety is our highest priority at Prague Physical Therapy. We would like to update you on our precautions and infection control practices and hopefully ease any fears that you may have when visiting Prague Physical Therapy.
We are an outpatient-based clinic and follow all infection policies and detailed cleaning processes in our treatment room and waiting area. We continually strive to keep the area cleaned and disinfected between patient visits. We have put in screening process to keep everyone safe upon entering the clinic.
When you arrive for your appointment:
- You will be welcomed and allowed in via internal telephone from the street and from the inside of the building. Please take right turn upon your entrance an wait in the separate small area with white chairs in front of the clinic rather than in the large general practitioner waiting area.
- We ask all visitors to kindly wait outside the building in a safe area or in a car.
Please expect the following patient Covid-19 patient safety measures
- Temperatures will be taken
- COVID-19 survey questionnaires will be asked
- Face masks should be brought to the appointment and worn at all times while in the clinic
You will be asked to reschedule your appointment if:
- Temperatures register at or above 37.0°C
- COVID-19 questionnaires reveal any concerns for your health and/or our practice’s safety
- The patient or visitor is unwilling to wear a face mask
Our Office – safety:
- Exam rooms, waiting areas, equipment and all surfaces will be sanitized and cleaned in between patients and often throughout the day
- Social distancing of 2 meters or more is required for all non-direct patient care activities and movement through the office.
- Frequent and thorough hand washing is encouraged and will be accommodated. Hand sanitizer is available too for patient use
We are here to help you
- Please call or e-mail us if you have any questions regarding the Covid-19 safety practice.
- We will do everything we can to minimize the impact on your care.
Here is a list of the patient safety and precautions we have put in place at Prague Physical Therapy with immediate effect:
- We are committed to stay informed daily as to the spread of COVID-19 in our local area. To this end, every morning we will be checking the Ministry of Health and local Hygienic station as well as updates from WHO websites
- We will keep up to date on the recommendations for preventing spread of COVID-19 on Ministry of Health website.
- We will use personal protection equipment (PPE) within our clinic as well as follow hand washing requirements.
- We will continue to use our hospital grade quality cleaning products and strictly adhere to all guidelines and requirements already in place for proper cleaning procedures between patient visits.
Covid-19 patient safety – follow the Ministry of Health guidelines as listed below:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask.
- CDC recommends that people wear a face mask to protect the people they come into contact with from COVID-19. (The main reason to wear a non-medical mask is to protect others. Science is telling us that some people may spread COVID-19 when they do not have symptoms. People may spread the disease when speaking, coughing or sneezing — especially in situations where a physical distance of 2 meters cannot be maintained.)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We appreciate your understanding as we continue to work through this process. We value our patient’s health and want you to know that we are taking all actions to help prevent the spread of this virus. Patient safety during the Covid-19 pandemic is our priority.
If you have any questions, please call your therapist at 778 736 920.
Prague Physical Therapy